Monday, July 18, 2011

Ibanez RG Series RG370DX Guitar Review


Here is the guitar that you guys see me play so often in my videos. This is my very first electric guitar, the Ibanez RG370DX.

About the guitar:
It is a part of the RG Series that makes excellent quality guitars at an affordable price. I got mine for around $450 while the music store was having its Christmas Sale. These RG Series guitars are a musician's best friend when it comes to rock, metal etc. It has a very comfortable and thin neck that gives great comfort while playing and has some pretty hot pickups, combined with a pretty descent tremolo bridge that gives very good tuning stability. This model that I have was made in Indonesia.

.:Technical Specs (Click to View):.

Personal views on the guitar:

Well, personally this guitar has pretty much been with me through many gigs, practice sessions, performances and it's honestly one of my best friends by now. It has also taken a few beatings here and there, but despite that, it managed to still sound awesome! This guitar might be a bit tailored to hard rockers but trust me, this baby's been with me to old-school jazz and pop performances and it still managed to fit in with the style and please the crowd.

Design:
What drew me to this guitar in the first place was its shiny black body and shark tooth inlays. I liked the design because it sort of fits in-between the Fender classy look and the BC Rich overly flashy design. That said though, the black does seem dull after being used to it, but the glossy finish ensure that on stage, this baby will SHINE!!!

Sound:
I ESPECIALLY love how it sounds. The INF pickups are pretty hot and can either make the guitar really sing or make it growl. However, I personally only like the two extreme sides of the pickup. Anything in the middle just sounds too "twangy", sounds like a hillbilly instrument.

Playing Comfort:
The neck is really fast and smooth, getting around it is really easy. I've also lowered the action of the guitar to give even better playing comfort for myself.

Complaints:
The only complaint I have is for the tremolo bridge. It seems to be made of some really cheap material, because when I was lowering the action, as the screws turned, I could see parts of the bridge being shredded off, and so that was my only worry with this guitar. Of course, after a few dive bombs or hard hammering with the whammy bar and you will be a bit out of tune but hey, it was $450....

Overall Impression:
I would definitely recommend this guitar. Reasons are because it sounds good, it plays well, it's super versatile, and it's pretty well-priced.

1 comment:

  1. how much cost that guitar D: i have a hand whit short fingers and i want to play T.T

    ReplyDelete